A fully owned subsidiary of Amundi, the leading European asset manager, Fund Channel is a B2B fund distribution platform operating across Europe and Asia.
Since 2005, Fund Channel provides innovative services to facilitate fund distribution, strengthens transparency and improves processes for asset managers and fund distributors with the aim of enhancing their relationships with clients, partners and regulators.
Fund Channel has more than EUR 330 billion of assets under intermediation providing a “one-stop-shop” solution for 600 asset managers and more than 100 distributors.
Fund Channel services are based on solid human relationships, as well as high levels of automation. The global client base is served from the headquarters in Luxembourg and offices in Switzerland, Singapore and Italy.
We also understand the importance of data confidentiality, and we make this a high priority.
Further information available on our website and Linkedin page
To support our fund distribution business line, Fund Channel is looking for a Fund Manager Operations Manager.
The FMO department is responsible for managing Rebates for its clients Asset Managers, in particular; calculation, reconciliation and invoicing follow-up of Trailer Fees due to their distributors.
The Fund Manager Operation manager reports to and works under the supervision of the Head of Fund Manager Operations.
• Project management & operational efficiency:
- Take in charge on behalf of the department all relevant projects in which the department is involved (needs, validations, acceptances, etc.)
- Initiate and monitor all internal projects of the department to improve operational efficiency
As a kind of deputy/backup/assistance for the Head of Fund Managers Operations:
- Overview and organize the workload of the team and assign duties to direct reports to ensure meeting of deadlines, requirements and other objectives set
- Manage the goals setting process, annual performance appraisals, individual development plans, absences and holiday planning for the team
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants; assist inexperienced staff members in learning job specific tasks
- Manage and execute efficient business reporting and control processes
- Review, manage and report to the clients on escalations
- Represent the department both internally and externally
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or a related area
• Minimum 5 year’s experience in securities services or asset management
• Fluency in French and English; any other language is considered as an asset
• Comprehensive understanding of the entire fund activity business and in-depth knowledge of operational aspects of the depositary, custody or fund administration activities
• Prior experience of staff supervision and people management
• Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
• Experience establishing or participating in the setup of a new function or the establishment or new processes and procedures
• Attention to detail and proven ability to handle complexity and competing priorities
• Proven creativity with the ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop strong team and client trust relationships through business-oriented mind-set
• Ability to work under pressure